Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Some days I'm just too dumb...

Yup. It's one of those days where I don't feel smart enough to do my job. I sit at my desk waiting for the Fraud Police to come tap me on the shoulder. "You are not qualified. Come with us." Or Imposters Anonymous to offer me a lifetime membership.

When I was a kid, my parents used to stare at my forehead when I told them something. They claimed a blue mark appeared if I was bluffing. I cut bangs in my hair as soon as I could wield a pair of scissors.

It's not an uncommon feeling for many; it sure is uncomfortable. Some days it's simply because we're off our game. Other times, it's because every action seems to lead no where. Occasionally it is because we are learning something new that someone else thought we already had down pat.

I think today it's all three :-)

All we can do is remember someone believed in us enough to give us the assignment. Our best is good enough. When it is not, then we'll learn something and our best gets better.

A little feedback, an ask for help, some honesty about my struggle, perhaps even put something minor off until tomorrow and not call it procrastination... there are all ways to get through the day.

Though today is still going to be tough slogging, tomorrow I'll be in a better position to help someone else get out of their hole-of-the-day.

No comments: