It's every busy person's issue: running out of juice. That can mean: running of energy, time, interest, ability, food in the fridge, patience… the list goes on.
Even the best of systems with terrific support run out of something along the way. The trick is not to assume you can never run out but to know how to recover.
Communities and networks are the best bet to covering the times when resources run thin. Yet, building community takes time as well. So what's a busy person to do?
The usual way: tackle it a little piece at a time.
· Play hostess wherever you are – even a coffee shop
· Say thanks or share information with a short email
· Block time quarterly or monthly to reach out to key individuals & sponsors
· Refresh your introduction on the commute to work
· Share a story with those you value
Make it a small daily/weekly set of 5 minute tasks with folks who bring value to your life. It won't make you less busy but it will add juice in unexpected ways.