Monday, October 4, 2010

I had the good fortune to attend TedXToronto last week. The theme was "A Call to Action" which encompassed everything from everyday leadership to new concepts in social funding.

I'm still mulling over what I heard and what it all might mean for me. It certainly will affect the issues against which I seek or offer mentoring in the coming months.

Below are a few quotes on which I'm meditating:

If we make leadership something beyond us then we can avoid it.
Drew Dudley

There is not an "us" and others who live outside that bubble. The bubble is permeable. Dr. Catherine Zahn CAMH

To create change you need partnership and sustainability.
Neil Hetherington

I'm enraged by our inability to collaborate.
Tonya Surman

Only when you truly listen are you then able to build community.
trey anthony

Fear is my friend. Without it I make mistakes.
George Kourounis

We all know one thing about the future - it ain't going to go according to plan.
Neil Parisha

It was inspirational absolutely. More than that, it made me realise that the world isn't waiting for me to get my act together - I'm the only one waiting. So why wait??

No comments: